George Couros keynoted at the Coquitlam Principals and Vice Principals (CPVPA) Conference, October 19th-20th, 2012. This is a conversation we had on the trip back to Vancouver from Whistler, BC. We talked about leading and learning ‘out in the open’. We discuss harnessing Twitter, reflecting and learning on blogs, taking risks, and taking advantage of ‘the wisdom in the room’.
Show Notes: (Listen Now!)
• Shared Leadership Blog: Connected Principals (His posts shared there, and mine.)
Current Project: #Leadership20 Series
George’s blog as a portfolio showcasing the Principal Quality Standard as outlined by Alberta Education.
• George’s presentations for the CPVPA ‘Wisdom in the Room’ conference:
Day 1: The Networked Leader
Day 2: Leading an Innovative Culture
- Slide 11 – Why we do what we do (See the Simon Sinek video.)
- Slide 46 – Marsha Goldsmith quote George shared on doing things ourselves, instead of pointing to others, to implement change.
• Special thanks to George for his friendship, mentorship, and his work with the CPVPA!