Three weeks ago I did a couple presentations to parents about Parenting In the Digital Age:
This FREE workshop is for parents, both the tech savvy and the less technically inclined, who would like to develop family expectations around the use of technology to play, learn and connect.
For this presentation I created a wiki: http://raisingdigitalkids.wikispaces.com/ and tonight I’ve finally uploaded the presentation to Slideshare.
- Examine children’s use of technology
- Increase awareness of the potential challenges around technology use
- Learn practical, proactive parenting strategies to maintain connections with children using the media they are using.
- Learn how to guide children in appropriate and safe interactions on the Internet.
- Find support and resources to better understand these issues
A key part of the presentation is the handout called ‘Engaging with kids‘. It is made up of a series of questions based on the presentation, but not necessarily in the presentation. The point is asking questions and finding the right balance or ‘fit’ for each family rather than offering any kind of prescribed answers.
I spent most of the day writing presentation notes and editing my slide transitions out for the Slideshare version. My goal was to create an online presentation that others could use.
Special thanks to:
Feedback, as always, is appreciated!